Monday, January 16, 2017

The missing ingredient: Joy?

Tofu Stir Fry 

I have always avoided making tofu because it is very fiddly, the tofu crumbles in my hands when I try to slice it.  So apparently the trick is to freeze it and cut it while it is still frozen. It worked like a charm and was really easy to fry. 

Ingredients
1 block tofu 
2  tbs veg oil 
2 tsp crushed garlic
pinch chilli flakes 
1 packet chinese noodles
1 medium onion 
2 cups stir fry mix
1tsp hot sauce/fish sauce 
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 pinch pepper
1 teaspoon mixed herbs 
1 lime leaf 
salt to taste 

Heat 1 tbs oil in a pan, add 1 tsp ginger, chilli flakes and cubed tofu. Fry until golden brown and set aside.



Heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry onions until brown, add the remaining garlic, mixed herbs and lime leaf and let cook for a minute. Add the vegetables, lime leaf, mixed herbs, hot/fish sauce, salt and soy sauce. Cook for 10 minutes, add the chinese noodles and tofu  and let cook for a further 15 minutes or until noodles are cooked. 



Last time I posted, I was feeling a bit flat and after a change of scenery and a few interesting experiences, I realized that there is a missing ingredient.  I can confirm my belief that you should do everything with love and you do it well. Live in love, light and peace. 

But what about Joy? 

I thought I lost my creativity, my passion but what really happened is I lost my Joy.

Joy is beauty, joy is love, joy is God.

Love opens up your soul, joy gives it wings. 

Joy is awareness, joy is appreciation. Joy is underlined by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment