Thursday, January 5, 2012

What I ate during my vacation

This is the first holiday I have had where I actually managed to lose weight. I didn't want my mum and sister to bother with cooking veg stuff for me so I mostly drank fresh vegetable juices from Kauai and ate fruit. Ashni's nanny cooked an awesome beans curry for me and on my last day in Durban my mother made:
• Eggplant and beans ( the beans were from my maternal aunt’s garden, thanks Saras Poowa)
• Methi herbs and potato
• Cashew balls and tomato
• Roti
I won’t share my mother’s recipe for the above but here is my version.
Eggplant and beans
1 small onion
2 teaspoons oil
Tablespoon masala
2 chillies (optional)
½ teaspoon garlic
Curry leaf
2 tomatoes
Salt
A handful Double beans
2 eggplants

Fry the onions in oil until brown. Add the garlic and fry slightly and then add masala. Stir in the beans and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add the curry leaf, brinjal, chillies and salt last. Cook for 15 minutes. Serve with roti

No comments:

Post a Comment