Sunday, May 22, 2016

Roast Chicken and Baked Beans

I was studying for an exam the other day and my very sweet neighbour brought me a plate of food.  She had made roast chicken and rice with brocolli. Her brocolli was divine, not over or under - cooked. She told me that she steams her veg.

I also cooked and decided to go back to basics. I made baked beans.

2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large tomato, diced
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 can of baked beans
salt to taste.

Fry the onions until golden brown. Add the garlic and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are cooked down and add the salt, I used fine, table salt.  Add the baked beans and cook for 15 minutes at medium heat. I used oregano for flavour and it tasted ok. The oregano worked out, though,  I used the leftovers on a pizza and it tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment