Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vegetable Soup for Me and Mince Curry for Silon

Tonight, I will be having Vegetable Soup that I prepared yesterday.

½ cup of soup mix (lentils, barley etc)
1 onion
1 tomato
1 eggplant
1 beetroot
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 chillies, sliced
1 teaspoon hing (aesfoetida powder)
2 tablespoon hot sauce

Boil Soup Mix Once, Add all Vegetables, Boil until Vegetables have softened. Delicious and Healthy.


I forget to mention that I also made the most tastiest (I was Told) Mince Curry:

1 onion, sliced
Olive oil
1cm cinnamon stick
1 piece of star anise
2 cloves
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 ½ tablespoon masala
250g mince
1 potato, cut in quarters
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon ginger
Sprinkling of mixed herbs
2 chillies


Place onions, cinnamon, star anise, cloves in a pot on medium heat. Add oil and fry until onions are golden brown. Add garlic, fry off, then add Masala. Let Masala fry then add the mince and potatoes. Add all other ingredients, cover pot and allow to cook for 10 – 15 minutes.  Add water. Allow to cook for half an hour. Serve with rice or roti.

One day I am going to try and make roti.

No comments:

Post a Comment