Monday, January 31, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Silon bought a small skinless chicken. I left it in the freezer for a week, wondering what to do with it until she had a brainwave: bacon wrapped chicken!

I marinated the chicken with:

1 small onion, very finely diced
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 pinch ginger
1 pinch chilli flakes
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon hot sauce (Bandito’s 10/10)

I rubbed the mixture all over the chicken and steamed it for 30 minutes. I then wrapped the whole chicken in bacon using toothpicks to keep the bacon in place. Place the wrapped chicken in an oven proof dish along with 1 medium potato, halved and 3 cleaned, whole carrots. Roast for 45 minutes.

I received positive feedback but the chicken looked a bit dry. If I have to do this dish again, I will steam the chicken for 15 minutes only and use a simpler marinade type thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment